About Me

My photo
DFW metro, Texas, United States
I was born in Dallas, Tx and other than living in California a couple of times, I have always lived in Tx. I am married to a wonderful man, MJ. I have two great daughters, Dee and Melanie. And three grandsons, Dylan, Tyler, and the new grandbaby Ryder who I love to have come visit. MJ has a great son Shaun who lives in Indiana, married to Julie and has our only granddaughter, at the moment, Kennah. I have 3 dogs. Max is a 105 lb English Lab, Grace a border collie/boxer mix and Luna, our rescue dog is a Siberian Husky. I like to work in the yard. I now have around 40 rose bushes in my back yard. I had more but lost some during the last winter. The largest is a climber that is about 12 ft high x 18ft wide Seven Sisters Rose. It only blooms once a year in the spring, but it's worth it. I now have a offspring of the big one and when both bloom, it takes your breath away.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Christmas Dog

Mother called on Christmas Eve and said there was a stray dog on her back patio. I told her MJ and I would come get it. It was snowing and the temperature was starting to drop. We took it to the Animal Shelter and they scanned it, but when they called the company, were told there was no record of registration. He was wet, matted and smelled really bad. We took him into Petsmart to see if they could cut away some of the matting, but they couldn't without proof of his shot record. So we purchased a $80 clipper set (MJ is delighted over that!!) and came home to do it ourself. We started calling him Presley. He smelled like he had rolled in a sewer. MJ cut as much of the tangles and matting as he could, but it still took hours. He finally gave him a bath around 10pm. We dried him with towels and the hair dryer as best we could. By 11pm I said that was enough. Christmas Day. Got a good nights sleep in our room, beside the bed. I put a post on the Mesquite Animal Shelter website that we found a Cocker and the location. Checked Dallas and Garland for lost cockers, but none. They didn't have anywhere I could post. We called back at 2pm. They said we could have him!!!!!! John and Edee came over to say goodbye. Edee just happen to have all his records with them. And another coincidence, her birthday is Sept. 21 and mine is Sept. 20th. This strange. It's like it was meant to be! His name is Toby. He is six years old, born Dec. 14, 2003. That makes him six months younger than Max. With bear getting older, we had wanted another dog. I can't thank you guys enough for letting me keep him. We will give him a good home and promise to take excellent care of him. THANK YOU JOHN AND EDEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: