About Me

My photo
DFW metro, Texas, United States
I was born in Dallas, Tx and other than living in California a couple of times, I have always lived in Tx. I am married to a wonderful man, MJ. I have two great daughters, Dee and Melanie. And three grandsons, Dylan, Tyler, and the new grandbaby Ryder who I love to have come visit. MJ has a great son Shaun who lives in Indiana, married to Julie and has our only granddaughter, at the moment, Kennah. I have 3 dogs. Max is a 105 lb English Lab, Grace a border collie/boxer mix and Luna, our rescue dog is a Siberian Husky. I like to work in the yard. I now have around 40 rose bushes in my back yard. I had more but lost some during the last winter. The largest is a climber that is about 12 ft high x 18ft wide Seven Sisters Rose. It only blooms once a year in the spring, but it's worth it. I now have a offspring of the big one and when both bloom, it takes your breath away.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Autumn's not that cold

My roses are still blooming nicely. Caught a photo of this guy the other day, sitting on my patio chair. I had to open the back door screen just wide enough to stick the lens out. Got (3) shots before he flew away.
I have taken on a new project. From around 1991 at the age of 10 to about the age of 16 or 17, Melanie would come home from school and go straight for her tape recorder, start to sing, and record on tape. I have around 100 tapes, mostly recorded on one side. I purchased recently a program called VHS to DVD, that allows you to record into your computer your VHS tapes and turn them into DVD. But it also allows you to record from your stereo into the computer and turn the music into MP3. So I have been sitting here for the last several days (MJ has been working) and recording tape after tape. It's working great. (But I get a little sad over some of the songs. They seem to follow that time when I was getting a divorce and Melanie & I were here having to learn to adjust) Anyway, I have also run some VHS into the computer and it worked fine. I plan to give my "creations" as presents this x-mas.
Everybody sing "Our State Fair is a GREAT State Fair..." MJ is off this coming Thursday AND it's seniors get in free day. Although, I do not qualify YET, MJ will go anywhere if it's free.
Back in the 50's when they made the movie "State Fair" with Pat Boone, my great uncle C.L. Haggard's prize pig got a roll in the movie. He also had a prize bull. I found this photo in Grandmother Jennie's Desk.
My COPD is doing better. Cousin Rick (the brat) asked if it meant "Crazy Old Peoples Disease" Since he's the weather dud in the Navy, I was asking him about my theory about Barometric Pressure and my inability to BREATH when it dips below 30.0. But he seems to think that when it dips it means that different fronts are coming in bringing junk in the air along with them. (that's not the scientific terms..but we can get the picture)

No comments: